Why is the product called Optifog?
OPTI stands for Optic, Optimum, Optimization and the product’s innovation is to provide efficiency and performance against FOG.
Why is the lens cloth called Optifog Smart Textile?
The new Optifog Smart Textile is more than a standard lens cloth. It is a dry innovative textile with specific molecules which provides a double benefit:
• Its specific molecules activate the anti-fog properties of the Optifog lenses.
• Its specific structure cares for the Optifog lenses.
Who is it for?
At Work :
• Professionals frequently moving from cold to hot environments. (e.g.: cooks, delivery men, florists, etc.)
• Professionals who need to wear a mask or helmet (e.g.: doctors, nurses, military, etc.)
During leisure/sport time:
• People confronted with fog issues during their leisure time (e.g.: runners, bikers, cyclers, tennis players, etc.)
In daily life:
• People can also be annoyed by fog carrying out their daily activities (e.g.: while drinking hot beverages, eating hot food, etc.)
How does the new Optifog system work?
• The new Optifog System is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Every 1 day: care for the Optifog lenses using the Optifog Smart Textile
- Every 2 weeks: wash the Optifog lenses with water
- Every 3 months (or up to 450 activations): renew your Optifog Smart Textile
- When the Optifog lenses are activated with another anti-fog solution, performance is much lower and can be disappointing for wearers
- When the new Optifog Smart Textile is used on other lenses, the anti-fog performance will be less efficient and not durable
How long will Optifog Smart Textile last?
The Optifog Smart Textile should be last about 3 months (or up to 450 activations) in normal use condition.
• When not in use, we recommended that the Optifog Smart Textile be returned to the plastic pouch to maximise its longevity and efficiency, and to help to keep it clean.
Can I wash the Optifog Smart Textile?
No, do not wash the Optifog Smart Textile: it will remove its activation efficiency!
Is Optifog offer more than fog-free vision?
The Optifog lenses provide you with a premium visual comfort by protecting your eyes from UV rays (E-SPF 25** – The best* on clear lenses) and your lenses from reflections, scratches and dust.
* Measured with E-SPF, a new index developed by Essilor, endorsed by independent 3rd-party, certifying the global UV protection of a lens. For Optifog with ultra UV protection lenses compared to anti-reflflective clear lenses with equivalent material. More information on www.espf.com
** E-SPF 25 for all Optifog® clear lenses (except with Essilor Orma®: E-SPF = 10).
What is the Optifog Smart Textile composition?
The Optifog Smart Textile is a knitted microfiber of Polyester/Polyamide which contains partially Fluorinated Alcohol Substituted Glycol and Phenoxyethanol.
Does Optifog Smart Textile damage the lens coating?
No, Optifog Smart Textile doesn’t damage the lens. It was specially designed to be used with the Optifog lenses.