Optifog is now available with ultra UV protection!
Did you know that UV rays damage your skin but also your eyes?
| || || |
| ||Protect them – all year long. |
- UV rays are invisible and painless, but harmful all year long.
- Everyone is exposed to UV light
- No amount of Ultraviolet is good for eye health.
- 40% of UV light reaches us when we are not in full sunlight!
Day after day UV rays damage your skin…
- UV rays accelerate skin aging and appearance of wrinkles.
- A recognized cause of skin cancers, particularly damaging the eye periphery.
- 90% of skin cancers occur on the face and neck, with 5 to 10% on the eyelids!
…but also your Eyes!
- UV rays have a direct and cumulative impact on your eyes.
- Accelerate eye aging, and appearance of cataracts cause long-term reversible and irreversible damages to your vision.
| || |
In terms of UV protection, all clear lenses are not equal.
Essilor created the Eye-Sun Protection Factor, to help you choose the right protection for your eyes.
| || || || || |
What is the Eye-Sun Protection Factor?
| ||A new index certifying the global UV protection of a lens |
| ||E-SPF indicates the overall UV protection brought by your lenses, to your eyes and to the sensitive skin around your eyes. |
All lenses are not equal in terms of UV protection. It is crucial to consider UV protection parameter when choosing your visual equipment with your Eye Care Professional. With this new reference index in health care, you now have a clear and objective information regarding UV protection performance of your eyeglasses and sunglasses.
The Eye-Sun Protection Factor has been developed by Essilor and endorsed by independant expert. This is an objective rating system measuring the protection brought by both sides of a lens.
| || || |
Protect your eyes like you protect your skin.
Ask your Eye Care Professional for the best Eye-Sun Protection Factor.
If you need more information, please click on the link below:
Eye-Sun Protection Factor
* 25 for all Crizal Forte ® UV lenses, except with Essilor Orma® (E-SPF=10). Measures: independent 3rd-party USA 2011. Better UV protection available with sun lenses, with Crizal Sun UV or Optifog Sun with Crizal UV (E-SPF=50+ , except with Essilor Orma® without UVX (E-SPF=25). Lenses performance only: E-SPF excludes direct eye exposure that depends on external factors (wearer's morphology, frame shape, position of wear...).